How to do Bow Pose (Dhanurasana)
- Lie on your stomach with your feet hip-width apart and your arms by the side of your body.
- Fold your knees and hold your ankles.
- Breathing in, lift your chest off the ground and pull your legs up and back.
- Look straight ahead with a smile on your face. Curve your lips to match the curve of your body!
- Keep the pose stable while paying attention to your breath. Your body is now taut as a bow.
- Continue to take long deep breaths as you relax in this pose. But don’t get carried away! Do not overdo the stretch.
- After 15 -20 seconds, as you exhale, gently bring your legs and chest to the ground. Release the ankles and relax.
Benefits of Bow Pose (Dhanurasana)
- Strengthens the back and abdominal muscles
- Stimulates the reproductive organs
- Opens up the chest, neck and shoulders
- Tones the leg and arm muscles
- Adds greater flexibility to the back
- Good stress and fatigue buster
- Relieves menstrual discomfort and constipation
- Helps people with renal (kidney) disorders